A Welcome from our President
Greetings to all
It is my great pleasure as Interim President of the British Kashmiri Medical Association to welcome you to our newly launched website. We are in our first year, having attracted over 130 members and are still growing. Visitors to this site are encouraged to read our mission statement, terms of reference and invite others to join us.
The BKMA is still in its infancy with interim office bearers and an executive board that are hardworking and enthusiastic in driving us forward to meet our aims and provide for our members and supporters.Due to the unprecedented climate, our current focus has shifted to raising awareness about prevention and management of SARS-COVID-19 amongst the public in Kashmir. Current initiatives include:
- Video messages propagated widely via social media, reaching thousands of people in Kashmir and publicised widely by various media outlets
- The creation of clinical and burial guidelines for COVID-19 patients in Kashmir
- Liaising with charities in the UK and Kashmir to help support those affected in their health and economically post-COVID
- Creation of healthcare Whatsapp groups and online forums to provide clinical advice
- I would like to congratulate the BKMA team and our members on a fruitful first year. We will continue to work on initiatives for our members and supporters, promoting professional bonds and good medical practice amongst the Kashmiri healthcare community globally.
With best wishes,
Dr Farooq Ahmed Wandroo
MD, FRCP, FRCPath
Interim President, BKMA